Our client is looking for a Territory Sales manager for Japan market
- Achieves sales quotas and other territory objectives by identifying, developing and closing new business, while growing/retaining existing customers.
- Provides technical sales support and keeps abreast of emerging market trends and industrial developments to keep the company’s management informed of potential opportunities, issues and concerns.
- Works in concert and through appointed distributors as the primary channel to market.
- Coordinates customer/distributor/partner projects and opportunity activities
- Finds, qualifies, and recommends distributor candidates in new markets.
- Works with inside sales, customer service and engineering personnel to ensure that the customers’ requirements are met in a professional and timely manner.
- Good command in both written and spoken English & native level fluency in Japanese (JLPT N1)
- Strong commercial background
- Strong technical aptitude
- Able to identify and develop new accounts or markets
- High degree of integrity and business ethics
- Proactive, self-starter, self-propelling and result oriented
- Good interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Problem Solving Skills; deduct problems to the essence, propose and drive solutions forward
- Excellent relationship building, team player who works well with colleagues and business partners
- Proactive and with good communication and negotiation skills in working with business partners
- Cross cultural sensitivity and ability to travel Japan 30-40% and other countries if necessary
- Self starter capable to work independently
- Prior CRM software experience
- Education Level Desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred (Electronics / Electrical / Science /Mechanical engineering)
- At least 3 years experience in B2B outside technical sales to OEM and Tier type customers with design authority, preferably in custom engineered, system critical components industry
- Experience and proven track record with technical design-in specification processes
- Ability to understand customer systems, design requirements, technical drawings and machining processes
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity in the business environment
- Previous work experience with Japanese OEM and understanding fundamental Japan market
Personal data collected will be used for employment-related purposes only. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.