Our client, a global Luxury Retailer is urgently looking for a Store Development Project Officer to join their group.
- Assist the department to develop and maintain a good working contact with the outside suppliers – consultants, contractors and architects.
- Maintain budgetary control on all projects ensuring purchase orders are raised in accordance with the critical path, meeting budgets and opening on time. Specifically ensure that the following areas are closely managed to realize this:
Payment of vendors to terms
Budgets and cost management
Excel spreadsheets, analyzing data
Cost management of key components
Senior management reporting
- Develop the critical path and ensure that it is communicated to all parties to ensure delivery.
- Carry out inspections both on and off-site of the Works by the General Contractor and the specialist contractors and suppliers appointed directly and effectively communicate to the business on all matters relating to progress.
- Advise on areas of risk to the Works and effective methods of managing these risks to minimize impact on the business.
- Effectively manage third party providers to ensure delivery of all outstanding detailed design of Works so that they satisfy all requirements in accordance with the programme.
- Communicate progress effectively using of the appropriate communication methods to ensure timely completion of all projects – both internally and externally.
- Coordination of all departments for openings
- Monitoring all elements of Project completion and the orderly handover of the Site to the business ensuring all administration is complete and up to date.
- Drive development and growth of contractor and millworker network within Asia region to deliver projects on time, to budget and to the expected high-quality standards expected for a luxury brand in respect of both DOS and Distributor stores.
- Future scope for partnering with UK head office project managers and eventually leading on Distributor store projects with the Asia region.
- Extensive foreign travel is required and the likely candidate must be a self-starter who can ‘hit the ground running’
- Degree holder in Architectural, Interior Design, Building Studies or related discipline
- Relevant experience in project management
- 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in retail or interior design for luxury retail within HK and China is a must
- Fluent in English and conversant in spoken and written Cantonese and Mandarin
- A good understanding of store design, architecture and construction. Office design an advantage