Our client is one of the largest ICT providers in the world with employees worldwide. It's a professional consulting company, with a Card & Payments division of over 1,000 employees, and millions of payment systems transactions per month. Their global payment hub headquarters in Hong Kong, which is responsible for spearheading and expanding the payment service provider and acquiring services worldwide to their premium client base which represents over 10,000 enterprise-class clients and 80% of the Fortune Global 100.
We are currently seeking a highly competent technical and domain-wise Software Developer Lead to join their team. This position entails technical project coordination, ownership of software development deliveries through either individual or team effort. Software Developer Lead is expected to be an experienced development person who is able to undertake rudimentary project responsibilities for his/her team, typically 2-6 developers in size.
- Supervise and lead the whole development team.
- Maintain and continue to improve the existing coding standard, naming convention, branching model.
- Provide guidance and mentor the developers on coding best practices.
- Collaborate with the other teams to ensure the solution design, architecture design, and feasibility study is achievable.
- Communicate with the off-shore development lead to ensure the other team is following our standards.
- Lead the development team to decouple the modules and migrate to the micro-services architecture.
- Perform second level support of the production systems.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related area
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experiencein software development with at least 3 years of leadership experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up a plus
- Must have experience in the development of high traffic backend services for external customer-facing web applications.
- You should know the complete fundamentals of Java, Gradle, Jenkins, JUnit, and SonarQube.
- Have strong experience in Java and building your web applications and services using open-source Java Frameworks: Spring Framework implementations.
- Significant experience in developing, optimizing, and deploying scalable web applications.
- Familiarity with asset pipelines, build tools, testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment.
- Experience in designing web applications and clearly understand concepts like Web Services, SOAP, RESTFul APIs.
- Is actively involved in GIT, repository branch management and familiar with branch merging and rebase concepts.
- Strong experience in Agile development and is comfortable with the SCRUM process
- Must have thoroughly used SQL & NoSQL solutions and understand the pros and cons of relational and free form databases
- Must have experience in refactoring existing codebase and in understanding existing implementations to decide to refactor or rewrite
- Must know how to identify performance bottlenecks and use good coding patterns to avoid them in the first place.
- Must be a strong advocate of good coding standards
- Should be able to hit the ground running on day 1 and take the ownership of his/her work and can work independently
- You should have a good understanding of the application layer’s dependency on infrastructure services such as communication, storage, thread management, etc.
- Experience developing mobile apps environment (iOS, Android, mobile web) a plus
- Should be familiar with Security frameworks, requirements, and practices used inside the financial industry, e.g. PCI-DSS
- Should be familiar with OWASP, IAM and encryption methodologies.
- Strong communication in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
Compensation & Benefits
- Secondment but permanent, full-time position, HK-based
- up to 45K basic x 12 monthly salary
- 12 AL days
- Medical insurance
Interested candidates are welcome to send their latest CV/resume, including:
- Current and expected salary
- Reason for leaving current/past position
Personal data collected will be used for employment-related purposes only.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.