Our client, a global company selling furniture and home accessories is urgently looking for a Product Developer to join their group.
- Good understanding of how products are manufactured and assembled, ideally within the lighting and/or furniture industry
- Have a grasp of three dimensional modelling software, ideally using Solidworks competently
- Understanding of how a product can be developed into components which are optimized for mass production, producing technical drawings and liaising with suppliers to turn these into a commercial offering
- Closely communicate with all parties, including the original designers, factory engineers, packaging suppliers, testing house engineers as well as our European buyers and development office in London
- Handling orders with buyers in Europe and vendors in mainland China
- Solid experience in LED lighting and/or contemporary furniture, with a passion for innovative use of technology as well as executing financially orientated solutions within the rapidly growing lighting industry
- Degree or relevant experience for at least 4 years in Product Design, with at least 5 years’ experience already working in furniture and/or OEM lighting design and development
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is also a must for helping to produce artwork for instruction booklets and packaging when required
- Willing and able to travel to Mainland China
- Fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Experience in merchandising and buying is a bonus
For interested parties, please send your CV in WORD format along with your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com.