The Shareholder Services Team Leader will be responsible for the day to day running of the team with the objective to achieve total client satisfaction. Specifics responsibilities include: serving as the key contact person for client/investor and inter-departmental coordination for enquiry, issue following up and projects, assist Managers to ensure the team operates effectively and efficiently and that deadlines and standards are met.
Achieving this will require a high potential caliber with strong communication and inter-personal skills, self-motivated, results orientated, attention to detail, sensitivity to risk, good problems solving skill, ability to operate independently but equally a good team player.
1. Client Servicing and Enquiries Handling
- Handle and follow-through all day-to-day enquiries as received from clients/investors
- Establish solid contacts with all areas and all levels at clients’ organizations and act as an effective escalation for clients
- Drive project or business initiatives including but not limited to new fund launch or to onboard new client process implementation
- Adherence to internal policies and procedures and have them properly evidenced.
- Ensure client specifications such as SLAs, agreements, fund documentation or operating memorandum are closely adhered, followed and properly documented.
- Proactively work with internal functions/departments to ensure requests, issues are being promptly and appropriately executed addressed and resolved.
- Proactive coordination with BBH Service Delivery, Client Service Managers and Relationship Managers to convert business insights into valuable or meaningful propositions for BBH and our clients
2. Staff Supervision
- Responsible for instituting and reporting on measures to determine the team's performance in meeting these standards
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide regular feedback based on goals and career development plans for direct reports
- Organize and perform cross-training of staff on all aspects of Transfer Agency to develop depth and breadth of knowledge
- Work with management to address training needs of the team to ensure knowledge enrichment and skill sets alignment to business needs
- Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants, assist new staff members in learning job specific tasks
- Establish successful level of synergy within the department
- Ensure succession planning and coverage at all times
- Fluency in Japanese and English languages are required. Additional Asian language is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant financial industry experience
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Prior experience working in a client servicing focused work environment will be a huge plus
- Adaptability to work in an international organization
- Attention to detail and proven ability to handle complexity
- Good knowledge of standard Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge or prior experience of Multifonds is an advantage.
Personal data collected will be used for employment-related purposes only.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.