ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is one of the top apparel retailers worldwide and continues growing rapidly. They are making a huge organizational effort to achieve its goal of becoming the world's top digital consumer retailer company. For this high-priority project of transformation of their supply chain to put customers at the heart of every facet of their business activities, the client is seeking multiple, highly motivated, innovative candidates who can identify themselves with that vision and join their ranks.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a transformation project. By integrating large amounts of information relating to the entire supply chain, and by making the same data available simultaneously to all employees in all departments, we will be able to connect with customers throughout all of our processes and thereby optimize planning, production, logistics, and sales. Specifically, we wish to combine and visualize supply chain data, and to be able to minimize lead times and eliminate stock-outs, as well as overstock. We will achieve our transformation with state-of-the-art digital technologies: algorithms, automated facilities, and a management cockpit.
Among focus areas, you will be responsible for either the algorithm or the automation promotion system. The decision will be made based on discussions during the interviews.
The algorithm system uses leading technologies to integrate plans, and thereby generate advanced demand forecasts. Within certain rules and constraints, this system keeps a constantly changing global supply chain in a totally optimized condition, something that can be achieved with mathematical optimization technologies to automatically produce optimized manufacturing and logistics plans based on pre-sales. This latter is created using statistical analysis and machine learning technology. After-sales begin, actual sales data is collected in real-time and used to improve the accuracy of demand forecasts.
The effort and ultimate goal are to promote the complete automation of warehouses in a worldwide Warehouse Automation system.
As Project Manager and IT Transformation Promotion Leader, you will be responsible for managing the system development of either the algorithm or the automated warehouse field.
Project management tasks are divided according to the below:
- Analyze current issues in the supply chain
- Verify PoC/effects of the algorithm
- Design and develop workflow systems in order to integrate the algorithm
- Implement the algorithm in various markets and across brands, and provide post-implementation support
- Propose improvements to the algorithm after it is in operation
Warehouse Automation Field
- Design warehouse operations systems for complete maximization and reduction of manual labor
- Project manage the promotion of WMS (Warehouse Management System) and WCS (Warehouse Control System) development
- Implement WMS/WCS and provide post-implementation support
- Analyze bottlenecks and propose improvements to warehouses
Both fields require cooperation between management and operations, as well as the ability to negotiate with management on logical grounds. You will be expected to assess the current situation, create an ideal direction for the project, and steer the project in that ideal direction. This is a dynamic task that affects global operations.
- IT industry experience in overcoming company barriers and achieving success with total optimization
- Ability to define fundamental issues while gaining an understanding of current and ideal situations
- Leadership skills to drive a project while persuading those around you
- Motivated to create new value on your own
- Willing to change the world with something you can make yourself
- Willing to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Business English Proficiency (TOEIC score over 700), Japanese is a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Permanent/Full-time position
- Basic monthly salary is negotiable and depending on previous annual salary and prior experience
- Comprehensive social insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance, workers' accident compensation insurance, nursing insurance)
- Flexible 5-day week
- If required, visa support service & (under conditions) relocation support
Interested candidates are welcome to send their latest CV/resume, preferably including:
- Current and expected salary
- Reason for leaving current and past positions
Personal data collected will be used for employment-related purpose only.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.