The primary focus of this role is to maintain and improve depth of Japan Equities research. Please refer to Position Responsibilities for further detail.
- Arrange meetings with Japanese companies and conduct translation in certain occasions
- Support with trip planning for the First State Stewart Investment Team. This will involve considering and managing travel logistics, contacting companies directly to set up meetings, planning the trip schedule and travel administration such as flights, hotels and transfers.
- Maintaining a company contact database with details and interactions with companies.
- Maintain a database for storing documents to support the internal management of company engagement; for example, good and bad periods to visit particular markets, maps of where company head offices are located and logistics associated with engaging companies.
- Support team members with the creation of company meeting research and note packs.
- Participate in client meetings and conduct translation if a meeting is conducted in Japanese.
- Assist with thank-you letters and follow-ups following company meetings.
- Voting for brokers and follow-ups
- Support ad-hoc team projects.
- The above role responsibilities will likely have an emphasis on Japan, however you may be requested to support other Corporate Access activities for the FSSA team, and may also be required to undertake additional or other duties as requested.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English
- The ability to interact with people at different levels of an organisation, both internally and externally.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise, process and multi-task large volumes of information.
- Experience in travel planning and a good understanding of geography preferred.
- Initiative and the ability to take ownership of tasks.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A positive “can-do” attitude and strong team working skills.
- A high level of integrity and confidentiality is essential.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
- Strong computer skills (applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred)
Personal data collected will be used for employment-related purpose only. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, thank you.