As one of the most experienced and leading Data analytics and cloud solution providers, our client has established a solid proven track record of delivering sophisticated technology solutions to multinational corporate customers and local enterprises across a diverse range of industries. The company has also developed strong expertise in mobile platforms, including O2O business and entertainment apps. Our client enjoys a well-established network as well as a wealth of experience in the IT industry worldwide, all backed by a solid track record in serving local and multinational clients in Hong Kong, Macau, and Mainland China for two decades.
You will work closely with product teams and front-end (UI / UX) developers to code the services that will enable the customer journeys.
Working as part of high performing DevOps scrums you will be responsible for coding server-side services in NodeJS or Java that conforms to the standards set out by the application development lead. You will be responsible for integrating those services with the front-end components as well as applications provided by partner applications.Success for you is developing market differentiating services as part of an agile, customer-centric development capability.
- Managing API access with data vendors
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Work collaboratively with the design team to understand end-user requirements to provide technical solutions and for the implementation of new software features
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Previous working experience as a NodeJS / Java Developer for 3-5 years
- Hands-on experience with Java or NodeJS frameworks
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies (iOS / Android)
- Experience working with source code management tools (e.g. Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, AzureDevOps)
- Proficient in database concepts and constructs, including data models (normalization, foreign key, surrogate key, etc)
- Proficient working with large data volumes (e.g. millions to billions of records)
- Proficient performance tuning SQL, including use of explains plans, partitions, hints, etc.
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software or scripts
- Experience in Public Cloud Azure (Preferred), AWS, GCP
- 2+ years professional “DevOps” experience managing toolchains and cloud-based production environments and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (Azure, Python / Java)
- Proficient in the use of SQL and SQL scripts
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate in Chinese-Mandarin (Cantonese is a plus)
Compensation & Benefits
- Secondment but permanent, full-time position, HK-based
- 25-35K basic x 12 monthly salary
- Medical insurance
Interested candidates are welcome to send their latest CV/resume, including:
- Current and expected salary
- Reason for leaving current/past position
Personal data collected will be used for employment-related purposes only.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.