Warehouse Automation | Digital Retail | Supply Chain | Transformation | System Invention | English speaking | Tokyo based | 50K-75K (negotiable!)
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is one of the top apparel retailers worldwide and continues growing rapidly. They are making a huge organizational effort to achieve its goal in becoming the world's top digital consumer retailer company. For this high-priority project of transformation of their supply chain to put customers at the heart of every facet of their business activities, this client is seeking multiple, highly motivated, innovative candidates who can identify themselves with that vision and join their ranks.
ABOUT THE JOB
As the automation IT specialist, you will be entrusted with promoting the supply chain reform.
Specifically in this project, you will produce results as a specialist who is advancing the following the design of the warehouse operations/system that is needed to do both throughput maximization and labor-saving. You will promote the WMS/WCS development project, implement WMS/WCS and give support after it is in operation. You will analyze bottlenecks and proposing improvements for warehouses that are already in operation.
In this position, by promoting the project with the business department as one team, the mission is to achieve warehouse automation at a high level.
This work involves possessing deep specialized knowledge and insights and understanding the characteristics of each warehouse to come to the most optimal solution.
What awaits you is an ever-greater opportunity to lead company-wide change through direct discussion with top management. As a warehouse automation specialist, you are required to pursue improvements in productivity through the application of the latest technologies regardless of fields. In addition, you have the opportunity to challenge management.
IN A NUTSHELL
Someone with specialized experience interested in leveraging their knowledge outside of their area of expertise to drive real change in business, society and the world by confronting issues big and small. By investing in technologies that drive supply chain transformation, you can go above and beyond as subject matter expert and drive real change. Willing to deepen your expertise in a particular field and apply it in business and motivated to create new value with your own hands.
IN MORE DETAILS
- Develop and promote IT strategy for Warehouse automation
- Design warehouse operations and systems for throughput maximization and labor-efficiency
- Promote WMS and WCS implementation projects
- Analyze bottlenecks and propose improvements for warehouses that are already in operation
- Support Warehouse Automation Leader:
- Be a key-contributor to develop warehouse automation solutions using the best technologies in the world for one of the largest distribution warehouses in the world.
- Support promoting, developing and standardizing new technologies with partners in order to deliver products to customers faster and more efficiently
- Experience proposing projects based on ideals, carrying out project execution, and promoting implementation and stabilization
- Logistics related IT project management in the logistics, manufacturing or retail industry
- Negotiation skills: Ability to conduct positive problem-solving that does not involve tug-of-war-like communication
- Problem-solving: Ability to quickly solve problems based on hypotheses
- System development and implementation experience with warehouse operations related systems such as WMS and WCS
- Experience in system development and project management, coordinating with task division, and occasionally leading the task division as an IT expert to achieve transformation
- Have a strong focus on results
- English (Business level) is a must; Japanese language skills is a big plus
- Willing to perform a dynamic and speedy work attitude
- Willing to work/relocate in Tokyo, Japan
- Business trips to distribution centers
- Knowledge of warehouse automation and factory automation
- Knowledge of work in the logistics area
- Basic knowledge of industrial engineering
- Previous experience of system engineering
- Design and layout experience as an engineer for large scale implementation at factory automation, material handling, or robot maker
- Design and project execution of large scale plant, construction, factory, warehouse, or warehouse automation projects. Quick project completion incorporating technical and logical reasoning skills
- Hands-on design and development experience in similar systems as mentioned earlier
- Experience building a business from scratch or fundamentally transforming an existing business
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Permanent/Full-time position
- Basic monthly salary is negotiable and depending on previous annual salary and prior experience (~ HK$ 50-75K)
- Comprehensive social insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance, workers' accident compensation insurance, nursing insurance)
- Flexible 5-day week
- If required visa support service & (under conditions) relocation support
Interested candidates are welcome to send their latest CV/resume directly in here or via email. Please include your:
- Current/Last and expected salary
- Reason for leaving current and past positions
Feel free to connect Marcel Gundlach to provide your CV or if you have any questions regarding this or similar job opportunities:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (cc email@example.com)
- Phone: +852 25856766