You will form and grow a high performing, agile engineering function that works hand in hand with the product teams to build bleeding edge technical capabilities that enable our users to do business faster, cheaper and safer. You will be passionate about new technology and new ways of working and will understand how front and back end developers’ partner to expedite the delivery of technology. Cloud technology will form a large part of your experience. Strong experience in building service-based architectures. Experience leading front end (iOS, Android and React Native) team highly desirable. Azure experience a benefit.
Success for you is building a world class digital engineering function that delivers market differentiating functionality as part of an agile delivery capability
- Work with Product teams to really understand the user propositions
- Manage the day to day work of engineering team
- Take ownership of the codebase and ensure code is written efficiently and is well managed and maintained
- Evaluate potential applications to determine technical suitability in support of buy over build strategy
- Schedule development work, resources, and monitor project timelines.
- Own the overall engineering resource plan to ensure there is adequate supply to meet demand
- Lead and design for back end services, web front end and mobile app (iOS and Android) teams.
- Serve as the Principal developer who will create and share the system design and methodology, deliver code components with quality, do code reviews, recommendations, implement UATs, application support strategies up to building a roll-out technical documents for the team.
- Efficient real-time meetings with different stakeholders who will be part of the on-scratch development – e.g. business analysts, solution architects, project managers, developers, quality assurance team.
- Enable to create a technical designs and documents through proper gathering of functional requirements from Product Owners, Project Managers and Architects with a quality-driven protocols
- Lead either Senior or Junior Developers in building high frequency, low latency systems in a well-mannered time schedule.
- 7+ years of experience leading Engineering teams in digital tech
- Degree / Post Grad in technical subject
- Azure Certification preferred
- DevOps / Agile ways of working
- Experience building a high performing delivery team
- Relevant 2-3 years’ experience as a Lead Developer from system design up to application support for Mobile
- Strong hands-on experience in latest technology in Java ecosystem: Spring boot and Hibernate framework, Microservices, RESTful and SOAP Web Services, Struts, Maven, Gradle, Ant, JUnit, Spock and many others.
- Good understanding in multi-threading model and in other data structures. Well-tracked in implementing an object-oriented design patterns and can architect their code effectively in an object-oriented way.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate in Putonghua and Cantonese is a plus.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their latest CV/resume, including:
- Current and expected salary
- Reason for leaving current/past position
Feel free to contact Wallace Wong via email@example.com (and cc firstname.lastname@example.org).
Personal data collected will be used for employment-related purposes only.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.