Japanese major IT/Manufacturing firm is now searching candidates from other countries as a Researcher for Database management system and platform.
You will be working at the leading edge of software technology R&D on embedded systems, database technology, and Web application that run on numerous corporate products.
In order to realize highly efficient data management in an environment with limited resources, which is an issue for embedded systems, we strengthen dedicated database software for embedded systems to achieve high speed data retrieval. Also we are developing a new data management method for DX/IoT systems, which take in storage at cloud system and devices.
We are looking for one entry-level/experienced researcher who has knowledge of and interest in database architectures.
Career prospective is as follows:
- You will gain basic knowledge and development of database past 1st year
- You will gain skill of database development and testing path 3rd year
- Research and development of Database advanced functions such as in-memory DB, data allocation and management in DX/IoT systems
- Provide the database software to software development department in group company for acceleration of product development
- Join project for PoC (proof of concept) development of corporate product
- Support to software development department for the implementation, technical transfer and application development using the database.
- Collaborate with OSS (Open Source Software) community for database management system
- Contribute source code to OSS community if there are the code which can be provided
This position may require overseas business travel up to 10%.
- A doctorate, PhD or Master's degree candidate in Computer Science or Information Engineering/Technology
- Knowledge of and interest in database architectures
- Experience working in Linux environments, database development, networking or security
- Experience in C and C++
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience in database development a plus
- Experience in multi-process programming a plus
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages (e.g.: python, perl or shell script) a plus
Required Japanese Language level at workplace
- Most of work can be done in English.
- Japanese is used by daily communications (idle conversation etc.).